January 11, 2009

21-weeks

Still running...and still weak on the right side. I tried to run a 5K on Friday, but had to walk the final 1/2 kilometer; actually limp the final 1/2 kilometer. My right hip was acting up the worst. No pain in the achilles or calf, but the right hip was causing some serious distress in the running form. I was actually running with a limp. Not good for the lower back!

I went immediately to the chiropractor and massage therapist. She said that I was "super tight" in my AT band, and that my hips were out of alignment due to the Achilles recovery process. After a killer sport and deep tissue massage, finishing up with an adjustment to my spine, I felt 110% better. I actually walked normally...yes walked and not limped....out of the office. I took Friday and Saturday off to recover, and I will try for a 5K today (Sunday).

My official training starts on the 13th of January for the May 17th marathon. Hopefully I can run at least a 1/2 marathon on that date. I'll have to see how the training goes. I'm 17 pounds over my ideal running weight of 190...that's going to be the hardest part over the next couple of months. 207 pounds is a serious stress to the body for me. This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. And...at 43...it definitely slows me down.

Maybe this will turn into a weight losing blog now!

See you at week 22.

No comments: