November 22, 2008

14 weeks

I went to the chiropractor today to get adjusted. I feel much better after that appointment! After all that limping and walking in a boot, my lower back was completely out of alignment. It took the doctor a couple of good tries to get it to "pop" back into place. I slept for 2-hours after the appointment....I was that messed up!

The foot and lower leg are getting stronger. There was a bit of a plateau over the past couple of weeks, but this morning I was able to walk with a comfortable gait when I woke up. Before, it would take me a bit to get going because of the pain during the first initial steps. I've noticed I'm able to push off with my toes much easier during the last several days. My leg still gets tired at the end of the day, and I have to concentrate on pushing off with the toes, but seeing progress is helping mentally.

I tried to run this morning, but the lower leg is just too weak to push it right now. So, I walk quick mile every day strengthening it. I can run in short but slow bursts and then walk. The calf muscles and the front of my leg feel the brunt of running. I work on a lot of stretching exercises and calf raises from two feet. I can do a one legged raise with a bit of support, and the foot muscles are getting stronger with that exercise as well. Everyday I try to balance on one leg with my eyes open and with them closed. It really works out the foot when my eyes are closed.

Work is quite dull working on computers and filing papers. For those of you that do that 8 to 10 hours a day....I have no idea how you keep from being bored to tears during that time. I just hope the doctor releases me for full duty on the 16th of December.

See you at Week 15!

No comments: