January 25, 2009

23-Weeks

Not much change over the past couple of weeks. Actually, my crossfitting is much stronger, but my running is still fairly gimpy. I was able to run a full 2.5 miles at a very slow pace with not much pain. But...that's probably from my crossfit workouts. I had no problems with strength during a workout the included a 45-pound barbell above my head doing 50-foot lunges. The Achilles felt just fine. I was also able to squat 265 pounds and deadlift 345 pounds with no Achilles problems.

My current milestone is to pass my fire department's pack test. It's 3 miles with a 45-pound pack in 45 minutes. I tried a week ago, but failed. My left side...not the injury side...but my left lower leg was killing me. I think due to the weakness in the right side, my left side overcompensated and felt the pain. I made it a mile and a half before I had to give up. bummer. My cardio was fine, but my leg strength was not. I'll give it another go in about a month.

My foot does not get as tired anymore as it did just a 2-weeks ago. Ohh...and I can feel the pain when the weather changes!

See you at week 24

No comments: