March 18, 2009

7-months

The foot and ankle feel fine. There is still a bit of numbness on the outside of the foot, but that will come back as the nerve endings repair themselves. Every once-in-awhile, I feel a sharp quick pain across my foot. It's a nerve coming back to life!

I'm able to run, but still not as fluid as I did pre-injury. It's still a bit "clunky" when I get fatigued. The 1/2 marathon is probably not a reality this year, but I can do my CrossFit workouts. I ran a Crossfit "Murph" today. 1-mile run, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, 1-mile run. It's one of my favorite workouts as it completely depletes me. The last mile I had to walk part of it because of conditioning, but the Achilles held up just fine. My running gait was a bit off near the end, but I completed it.

My running shoes are by far the most comfortable shoes for me to wear. My work boots get a bit tiring as they don't offer the support that my running shoes do. So...looks like I'll be buying new work boots! I still have a bit of trouble getting my fire boots off after a call because of the scar tissue, but that has become a bit easier with time as well.

See you at the 8-month mark! Running and walking are awesome!!

No comments: